If you are an executive, a business person or a professional, an updated and professionally shot portrait is undoubtedly one of the most important pieces to have in your corporate or personal branding toolkit. Your mug shot really matter, particularly in this time of new media marketing.
Here are some tips to help you take amazing executive portraits and business headshots that will really represent your brand and personality.
- Schedule the photo session in the late morning to early afternoon. A lot of photographers suggest in the early morning but through our experience we find shooting too early shows more puffiness in our clients eyes and too late in the afternoon is not better as well as they are less fresh.
- Think ahead of time of what you’re going to wear. Ensure your clothes fit right. It might be worth investing on something that fits your body and brand.
- In general, a simple dark suit works best but this all subjective based on the personality and attitude you want to convey on your photo.
- If you are shooting in your office or place of work, make it a point that everything looks nice, clean and organized, it has great impact on the photo plus you get to clean up
- Be clear with your photographer on the type of shot you are going for, one that represents your company and brand.
- Have a good night sleep prior to the session. You have to wake up early and have a healthy breakfast. Leave early in order to avoid traffic and looked stressed out on your photo.
- Invest in professionals who specialize and have experience in doing executive portraits and business headshots. This is important. Spend the money so there are no regrets and waste of time.
- And finally, have fun with it. How you feel show on the photos, having a positive and fun attitude will make a huge difference on the outcome of your business portrait.
We hope this article has been helpful to you. If you are in Mississauga, Brampton, Oakville and the Greater Toronto Area and need to update your executive portrait or business headshot, call us we will be very happy to help you.